Mosquito Dengue Fever

Dengue fever (UK: /ˈdɛŋɡeɪ/, US: /ˈdɛŋɡiː/), also known as breakbone fever, is an infectious tropical disease caused by the dengue virus. Symptoms include fever, headache, muscle and joint pains, and a characteristic morbilliform skin rash. The virus has four different types; infection with one type usually gives lifelong immunity to that type, but only short-term immunity to the others. Subsequent infection with a different type is believed to increase the risk of severe complications. The incidence of dengue fever has increased dramatically since the 1960s, with around 50–100 million people infected yearly. Others have more severe illness (5%), and in a small proportion it is life-threatening.[1][3] The incubation period (time between exposure and onset of symptoms) ranges from 3–14 days, but most often it is 4–7 days.[4] Therefore, travelers returning from endemic areas are unlikely to have dengue if fever or other symptoms start more than 14 days after arriving home. The dendritic cell moves to the nearest lymph node. Meanwhile, the virus genome is replicated in membrane-bound vesicles on the cell's endoplasmic reticulum, where the cell's protein synthesis apparatus produces new viral proteins, and the viral RNA is copied. Immature virus particles are transported to the Golgi apparatus, the part of the cell where the some of the proteins receive necessary sugar chains (glycoproteins).

However, early disease can be difficult to differentiate from other viral infections.[5] A probable diagnosis is based on the findings of fever plus two of the following: nausea and vomiting, rash, generalized pains, low white blood cell count, positive tourniquet test, or any warning sign (see table) in someone who lives in an endemic area. Warning signs typically occur before the onset of severe dengue.[8] The tourniquet test, which is particularly useful in settings where no laboratory investigations are readily available, involves the application of a blood pressure cuff for five minutes, followed by the counting of any petechial hemorrhages; a higher number makes a diagnosis of dengue more likely.[8] It may be difficult to distinguish dengue fever and chikungunya, a similar viral infection that shares many symptoms and occurs in similar parts of the world to dengue.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  27 March 2013 at 21:10  

Good day! I know this is kind of off topic but I was
wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?
Thanks a lot!

my web blog ... hybrid baseball bat

Anonymous,  30 March 2013 at 07:15  

I do not even know how I ended up here, but
I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you're going
to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

My web page hungarian hound

Anonymous,  30 March 2013 at 08:01  

Hello I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really
found you by error, while I was searching on Digg for something
else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a tremendous post and a
all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
I don't have time to read it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

My website toys online

Post a Comment

Please Leave The Comments Here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Umar Draz 2009

Back to TOP